For All ACS Supervisors
This workshop is a safe space for ACS staff to discuss their feelings and thoughts relating to content from the Understanding and Undoing Implicit Bias e-learning module. This specific workshop is for ACS supervisors. Supervisors play a pivotal role in assisting staff with identifying how their biases—explicit or implicit—might manifest in their work. These sessions will allow supervisors share their experiences dealing with implicit biases. All supervisors are welcome to this open discourse on practice strategies to reduce implicit biases to enhance equitable decision-making.
This workshop is designed specifically for supervisors of NYC Administration for Children’s Services.
• Examine the link between internalized oppression, implicit bias and microaggressions.
• Analyze how implicit bias affects decision-making.
• Evaluate how implicit bias, and microaggressions, contribute to a stressful work environment.
• Discern appropriate strategies for reducing implicit bias.
Prior to attending this course, learners are required to have completed:
• The Understanding and Undoing Implicit Bias eLearning program.
After registering for the workshop, participants will complete a 90-minute instructor led workshop. Learners will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of discussions, activities, and practice sessions during the workshop.
There are no CEUs associated with this workshop.